Leading, in a relevant, effective way, often, requires taking the time, and making a concerted effort, to analyze, review, and consider the needs and priorities of the group, and stakeholders, and determining the best way, to proceed! A real leader, in order to make a difference for the better, instead of simply introducing, change – for – change – sake, must consider, how he FIGURES things out. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly examine and review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, why this matters, and some techniques, attitudes, skills, and intentions, will impact, the eventual results.
1. Face facts; financial/ fiscal; fresh look: It must all begin, with a willingness, to face the facts, in a relevant way! Too many potential leaders are unwilling and/ or unable, to understand the fiscal considerations, and examine financial matters, so the group prospers! One must be willing to take a fresh look, rather than merely, remaining within one’s comfort zone, and going beyond, the same – old, same – old!
2. Integrity; imagination; ideas: Either one’s integrity is absolute, or it isn’t, at – all! Only when this is the commitment, will anyone be capable of proceeding, with the quality imagination, to introduce and implement, relevant. sustainable ideas, which might best serve, the interests of the organization, and stakeholders!
3. Growth; generate goodwill: Organizations must constantly undergo meaningful growth, or they will fail to remain relevant, and/ or sustainable! In order to achieve, to one’s potential, every effort must be focused on generating goodwill, in a meaningful, personal way!
4. Unique; urgent; useful: Every individual must determine, what about him, is unique, and will help to provide the most relevant leadership! He must stress what must be sought, and articulate an urgent, focused message! Perhaps the key component, and what differentiates a true leader, from the rest – of – the – pack, is whether, he provides useful, meaningful, relevant leadership!
5. Relevant; responsive: Unless/ until one focuses on what is most relevant and significant, often determines, whether he becomes capable of being a responsive leader! This must be based on the quality of one’s actions, rather than on his rhetoric and/ or promises!
6. Empathy; emphasis: Decisions, strategies, and action plans, must be based on the best interests, needs, perceptions, and goals, of those, one serves. Therefore, it’s important to effectively listen, and learn, so, to consistently proceed, with genuine empathy! When this is the process, the emphasis becomes the most relevant and significant!
7. Solutions; sustainable systems: Avoid the easy, lazy approach, of blaming and/ or complaining others, but, rather, one must seek viable solutions, focused, not only on short-term needs/ concerns but, rather, on perceiving and conceiving of, creating, developing and implement, the best possible, sustainable system!
It’s often, all about, how one FIGURES things out! Will you commit to the process?